- Professional Development
The Labor Center is excited to offer you the opportunity to complete the 3-day Certified Mediation Training in “County Mediation". An Approved Mediation Trainer will facilitate the training, which will include role-plays of real- life cases to optimize learning.
This 3-day training counts toward the requirements needed to become a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator. The other requirement is an educational requirement: High School Diploma or GED (minimum) or proof of a higher degree. For more details, please review: How to Become A Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator Guide.
Registration is Now Open for August or October Training Sessions.
- Register Early and use Discount Code: MEDIATE
- 3-day Training Capacity: 25 participants
- Training Cost: $595.00 for all three days
- At the registration site, you will be asked to input your name, email and other information. A Zoom link for the training will be sent to registered persons the week of the training and additional information to join the meeting.
Commonly Asked Questions
Q1: After becoming a Certified Mediator , do I need to renew my certification?
Yes, renewal is required every two years. All certified mediators are required to report completion of 16 hours of continuing mediator education (CME) for each area of certification every two years. See Section ll: Certification Renewal ( p.12) in Procedures Governing Certification of Mediators, Fla. Admin. Order No. AOSC19-26 (May 28, 2019).
Q2: Are mentorship points required for "County" Mediation Certificate?
No, not if Certified Mediation Training is completed between April 7, 2020 - December 31, 2021. For this period, you will omit Section Vl. Mentorship Requirements instructions on the application.
Q3: What are the steps AFTER the 3-Day Training?
The steps after the 3-Day Training include the application process. The Trainer will review the application process as part of the training. See sample application dated January 2019. Please use the latest application provided by trainer after training is complete.
- Provide Evidence of Education: See Application Section 1: General Information.
- Complete Background Check (Finger Prints): See Application: Section ll: Good Moral Character/Background Check.
- Carefully Read, Complete, and Mail Application!